Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Washi Birthday for TGIFC#119

 
 
 
Hello ALL!
 
Welcome Back for another peek
at another Card!
 
 
Today's Card is for a Color Challenge!
 
 
I usually am 'iffy' about Color Challenges...but, I
am happy they make me step out of my comfort zone!
I pull out the 3 colors in Cardstock and look at them and
decide which direction to go!
I was clueless as to what to do...and then I went into
my Washi Tape Drawer and pulled out the same 3 colors.
I was going to use one of them for the colors...but,
then I had an 'aha' moment!
 

 
 
Here is the Challenge!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card!
 
 
 
Ha! I was surprised how cute the background turned out!
I used 4 Washi Tapes!
 
I needed another Masculine Birthday Card...
I asked Mr. Hubster if he thought it was Feminine or
Masculine...he said either way...but, more masculine!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the inside of my Card!
 

 
I liked the 'banner' on the front of my Card...so
why not bring one inside?!
I used 2 of the 3 colors here...I may add a Regals Collection Enamel Shapes Dot, or Star, or Heart...just to bring in the
Crushed Curry color!
Yes, now that I am looking at it...I will do that to, bring in
the 3rd color to the inside too!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I used the smallest of the stamp set to stamp
the party elements on the envelope!
 
 
 
Here are the items I used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
Cardstock:
Pool Party-base, scallop circle
Crushed Curry-mat to panel
Whisper White-front panel, inside panel, circle
 
Stamp Sets:
Birthday Delivery-cake, envelope
Birthday Banners-greeting and banner, inside sentiment and banner
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pads:
Lemon Lime Twist-banners, party hat on envelope
Pool Party-greeting, inside sentiment, gift on envelope
Crushed Curry-balloon on envelope
 
Stampin' Write Markers:
Crushed Curry-candle flames
Pool Party-cake trim
Lemon Lime Twist-candles, cake plate
 
Tools:
Big Shot-die cutting machine
Layering Circles Framelits-scallop circle
Stitched Shapes Framelits-circle with cake
Bunches of Banners-greeting banner
 
Accessories:
Assorted Washi Tapes from my stash...the Lemon Lime Twist Washi is from the New Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape. The rest of
the Washi Tapes were leftover from previous Kits from Stampin'Up! Glad I saved them! They sure came in handy!
 
 
 
 
Here is my Card again!
 

Ha! I surprised myself with this one!
I like it!
I think I am going to try and make
a feminine version of this card!
Will show you that when I do make the Card!
 
 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and Wishes to you ALL!
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Your card is super Super SUPER AMAZING! I think the wash tape background is awesome and sets the stage perfectly for your yummy cake. I am so glad you linked up with our color challenge this week at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

brrenwick said...

I always love a washi tape background! And the cake looks yummy enough to eat! Thanks for playing along with us at TGIF!