Monday, July 17, 2017

A Twisted Christmas for JAI#368!

 
 
 
Hello Friends!
 
 
Today's Card IS Twisted!
 
 
 
It is for a Challenge over at
Just Add Ink #368
Theme: Just Add A Twist
Use a birthday set for Christmas 
 
 

 
Here is the Challenge!
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is my Twisted Christmas Card!
 


 
I also incorporated a fancy fold to hold the 1/2 sheet of DSP!
The DSP is Birthday Memories
 
 
 
 
Here is the first fold!
 

 
Onto the banner I stamped Merry Christmas!
I colored in the 1/2 balloon Real Red!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the top of the Center Panel!
 

 
On the stamp, I masked off the word 'Season' and
used another stamp set to stamp in 'Party'!
The balloon over the raccoon I colored from orange
to green with Old Olive...couldn't get the one behind
the sentiment...it was after the fact (stamping)!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the bottom of the Center Panel!
 

 
Used two different Stamp Sets here! I masked off the words
I didn't want on the stamps and used only the words I
wanted to use to 'customize' it to Christmas!
Notice the jeans and vest? I added white stitching to all the clothing
with a Tombo Mono Gel Pen!
 
 
 
 
 
The Last Panel


 
I colored in the pink cake with Real Red and also colored in the
turtles hat to make it more 'Christmassy'!
 Also the red balloon was colored
from pink to Real Red!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the Card with it's stamped to match envelope!
 

 
I used the Watercolor Pencils and Blender Pen
for the envelope coloring!
I also stamped the 'Merry Christmas' onto
 the banner too!
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the Card folded!
 

 
I had to tuck it under the box to get a picture of the card closed!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here is the back of the Card!
 
 
 
I cut Cardstock and taped to the back of the folds
and back of the Card...it gives it more strength!
I trimmed up the right side after I noticed it showed
in this picture!
 
 
 
Here are the items used to make my Card:
Unless noted, all items are from Stampin'Up!
 
 
Cardstock:
Old Olive-card back and side panel on the backs
 
Birthday Memories DSP-the scene, cut down to 5 1/2" by
12"
 
Stamp Sets:
Birthday Delivery-envelope stamping
At Home With You-banner greeting 'Merry Christmas' on card
front and envelope
Reason for the Season-retired, inside sentiment, top
Endless Birthday Wishes-retired, inside top 'Party'
Birthday Blast-retired, the word 'Celebrate'
Versatile Christmas-'Jesus Our Lord'
 
Archival Stampin' Pad-Basic Black, all inside sentiments, and
banner greeting on envelope
 
Classic Stampin' Ink Pad:
Real Red-greeting, card front banner
 
Stampin' Write Marker:
Real Red-to color in cake and pink balloons
Garden Green-to color squirrel's hat (can't see in photo) and the
turtle's hat
Old Olive-colored over one orange balloon
Tombo Mono Gel Pen-stitching on the clothing, highlights on colored balloons, dots on squirrels bow tie (sorry it doesn't show)
Watercolor Pencils-color in fox and banner on envelope
Blender Pen-to blend the Watercolor Pencils on envelope
 
 
 
Here is my Card Again!
 
 
 
It may be 'Twisted' but, I like it!!
 

 
The first thing I thought
for this Challenge, was this
Birthday Memories DSP!
After all, Christmas IS the Celebration of
Jesus' Birthday!
So, why not show who's Birthday,
 Christmas represents!
It's not just about Santa!

 
 
 Here is your 'C' note for Today!
 
 
 
 
This is my favorite scene!
Here is Santa 
at the manger, his hat off and head bowed!
That is a picture we ALL need to hang at Christmas,
 to pass on to our Children and Grand-children.
 
It's about Jesus!


 
 
 
Until the next Post...Blessings and a little 'Twistedness'
to you ALL!

 



5 comments:

Jan said...

Wow, this is such a fabulous celebratory card Cheryl! I love that you've created a special fold to incorporate your fun DSP and how you've adapted your sentiments too. So clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Kelly Kent said...

Wow, what a cute Christmas card Cheryl! I love how you'd used the birthday theme to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Very clever! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink for our challenge with a twist! Kelly x

Karren said...

Super-cute card! Adorable critters and a great way to convert it to Christmas. Thanks so much for joining us at Just Add Ink.

KimB said...

This is a special card indeed Cheryl. I love the thought you put into it and all the little touches you made to twist it to the Christmas theme. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

inkeverywhere said...

Awesome, fun and creative Christmas Card. I really love the fancy fold too. Chantell Just Add Ink